John 18:33-34 Then Pilate entered into the judgment hall again, and called Jesus, and said unto him, Art thou the King of the Jews?
Jesus answered him, Sayest thou this thing of thyself, or did others tell it thee of me?
- Are you asking of yourself? == a genuine search of the soul for truth!
- Or, is this a question to or of the Governor? == an academic search for truth!
To establish “truth”, and the intent of the path, it is always our choice, and where we walk must be known as our choice.
- We must be honest with ourselves if we will be true to God.
If there is to be a pure love of “truth” there must be a willingness to submit to the demands of correction; a pure step, a hopeful walk and a goal of eternal life at “path’s end”.
Proverbs 4:18-27 But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.
Moroni 10:5 And if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost; and by the power of the Holy Ghost, ye may know the truth of all things.
John 18:36,37,38 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.
- Christ, here states: Truth exists, I am that truth, if you are of the truth you will hear my voice.
2 Nephi 1:120-128 And they are free to choose liberty and eternal life, through the great mediation of all men, or to choose captivity and death, according to the captivity and power of the devil:
127–128 And I have chosen the good part, according to the words of the prophet.
And I have none other object, save it be the everlasting welfare of your souls. Amen.
- Lehi, on his death bed states his claim to Truth and seals with a trust, Amen.
Our choice, yesterday, today, and tomorrow is to know God and conform our lives to “truth” through the Lord Jesus Christ.
John 8:31-32 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
Alma 16:152-154 Now we will compare the word unto a seed.
Now if ye give place, that a seed may be planted in your heart, behold, if it be a true seed, or a good seed, if ye do not cast it out by your unbelief, that ye will resist the Spirit of the Lord, behold, it will begin to swell within your breasts;
And when you feel those swelling motions, ye will begin to say within yourselves, It must needs be that this is a good seed, or that the word is good, for it beginneth to enlarge my soul; yea, it beginneth to enlighten my understanding; yea, and it beginneth to be delicious to me.
- Have you planted the seed?
- Has it enlarged, enlightened, and the taste delicious?
- Have we acknowledged our King?
- Are we still waiting for more proof?
- Have we conformed to Christ’s Path for His Chosen?
- Have we listened to and heard His Voice?
- Do we remain captive, shielding just one small deviation or weakness?
- Have we chosen the “good part”?
- Have we chosen liberty and freedom, found only in Jesus Christ?
Are you a King?